Carmella Carnevale has extensive experience in state and local government and technology as well as in the private sector industry. Prior to opening up her own firm, she held the position of Deputy Director of Customer Service and Marketing for the New York State Office for Technology. She was also employed by Microsoft and MCI Communication in their government sector.
The following are some of her accomplishments and responsibilities over the years.
NYS Office For Technology
Deputy Director of Customer Service and Marketing
Managed three bureaus within the Customer Service Division: Customer Relations, Enterprise Help Desk (EHD), and the NYS Technology Academy. The Customer Services Division was established to assist in changing the culture and the way government does business. It is the primary point of contact between OFT customers, which includes all New York State Agencies and Local County and Municipal Government. The division’s focus is on developing and maintaining positive relationships with current customers of OFT services.
- Established a customer outreach and promotional program to target customers according to the current CIO and OFT objectives
- Developed and published a products and services guide, which provided customers with a full range of OFT’s products and services
- Supported OFT products, services, initiatives and represented the different business units
- Coordinated issue resolution
NYS Government Account Executive
Microsoft has a division that is dedicated to serving New York State Government agencies. Through it’s sales, consulting, and support operations it delivers valuable technology products and services to over 180 state, city, and local agencies statewide.
- Coordinated sales, consulted, and supported organizations to meet agency priorities
- Assisted agencies with strategic planning, product selection, and implementation of large-scale custom application and Network systems. Assisted several state and local agencies in designing a network that expanded offices and provided services across NYS
- Exceeded revenue objectives
- Negotiated and managed state contracts
- Built and maintained relationships and establish new relationships within the public and private sectors (especially, with top executives)
- Established and managed several customer satisfaction programs
- Managed and participated in several major events/seminars
- Received corporate awards for quarterly sales performance
- Top sales performer – 1999 NY Metro District
- Championship award in 1999 for driving education and sales
- Award for marketing and education efforts
- Top customer satisfaction award for North America in 2000